Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Weapons Qual.

Yesterday we started weapons qualification. We woke up at 4am I had to qualify on the m16 I needed to hit 26 out of 40 on the popup range with targets from 50 to 300 meters. I also needed to qualify wearing my protective mask by hitting 11 out of 20 targets at 50 meters. Lastly I had to qualify at night hitting at least 7 out of 30 targets. On the normal popup range I hit 30 out of 40 on the NBC range I hit 20 of 20 and on the night fire range I only hit the minimum 7 out of 30. We didn't get back to the barracks till 9pm, it was a long cold day. I didn't do as good as I thought out there but I did good enough. It was the first time I didn't shoot expert since I joined the guard. I was having trouble with my kevalar falling down in front of my eyes. I was supposed to qualify on the 203 (grenade launcher) yesterday also but they didn't have enough ammo for us so that is going to be rescheduled. Today was a slow day though because anyone that qualified on everything yesterday didn't have to go back out today. After being out running around all day yesterday it was nice to get a little recovery time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home