Thursday, January 27, 2005

Can you believe it is still wet out there?

The water has mostly dried up now but there are still some big puddles around here. It seems that this sand packs pretty good after it gets wet. The water can't even drain through the soil. Other than that it is starting to get pretty chili here. Yesterday we went out to the range to fire our weapons (m16, m203, m9, etc...) and it was really kinda cold out. When we had down time we would lay on the ground and try to soak up the sun. A few people fell asleep and soaked up a little too much. My friend Sgt. Ballard fell asleep on his side and now his face is super red on one side except where his chin strap was attached. So now he looks like he is wearing a white chin strap on one side of his face LOL. Last night at around 1:30 am I got up to go to the latrine and saw an SUV pulled up to the next tent. Apparently SSG Deporter's wife had just had her baby/babies (I think she was going to have twins) I guess he got a Red Cross call. I have not got to talk to him yet but I will have to congratulate him when I see him. FYI it seems that if you do need to get ahold of me in an emergency the red cross really works. Anyways I have to go to the PX and buy some stuff. Will write more later.... Luke

2 Comments:

  • Hi Luke,
    Just wanted to drop you a line. Sounds like you're doing good. Sorry it's been so wet over there, in Tampa, it's in the upper 70's. I ran about 45 minutes along the bay, it was so nice :O)
    Take care of yourself.
    Your Friend,
    Tiffany

    P.S. Make sure you send me those pictures of Fritz, also, tell him I said hi :0)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00  

  • Hey Luke,

    Have you been taking pictures over there? And are you still planning on using ofoto to display them. Just curious to see some stuff over there. Hope all is well!

    By Blogger Heath, at 14:52  

Post a Comment



<< Home