Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentines day!!!

I guess that Valentines day was really yesterday. It is now 12:15 am on the 15th I am trying to catch up a little on my blog since I have not got much time lately to write. Our mission got canceled this afternoon mainly because there is some holiday going on here and people are acting weird. (walking on the street beating themselves with metal objects to be more specific). We are gearing up to take over for the guys that are leaving in a couple days. It is getting exciting! It really is a totally different world over here. It is kinda cool being in the US army here because we really run the show. I mean we roll down the road and people just pull over like we are the cops or something. Blackhawks and Apachies fly over all the time. You can hear gunfire off in the distance and explosions echoing somewhere out in town. Most of the larger buildings are shot up from the war and now we are living in them. This is an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.
Anyways mom and/or dad is online now you can never tell since they both use the same screen name :) so I am going to stop writing on here and chat with them for a while. Talk to you all soon.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Luke...walking around beating yourself with a metal object....I didn't know that was weird! I use to do that all the time when I had to cook for Grandpa!! Looks like you have entered the real world now no just games stuff!!LOL grandma SS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:12  

  • Luke - I'm fascinated by what you're telling us about your surroundings! Thanks a bunch for filling us in. Seeing this through your eyes is the only way the rest of the family will know what it's like over there. Love, Aunt R. (sitting here in Lyndon,IL - the hub of excitement.....)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:29  

Post a Comment



<< Home