Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Lots of explosions today.

Quite a few mortars came in this morning. No word if anyone got hurt but, but noone I know got hurt. It was pretty exciting for a while there. I got my regular gunner back today. I am glad to have him back too. Some of the ones that filled in for him didn't have a clue what they were doing.

Everyone that knows the dog is now calling him Chuck. I have heard a nasty rumor that the people in charge of our base want to shoot him because they cant get rid of him. That will really tick off a lot of people, not to mention lower morale. For some reason he thinks Chuck is a threat to the soldiers... Sounds like a fun hater to me. I hope he just lets the dog be; because that will be a real bummer.

They have kicked all the Iraqis of al the bases here because we are tightening secrity for a while. I hope they get to come back soon, their shops are pretty handy to have around.

4 Comments:

  • Gee Wheez Luke...exciting for you! Good to hear from you though...I'm sure not brave like you are! Be cautious and careful!
    Thanks for all you are doing for our country! SS & LOL grandma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:04  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Heath, at 18:41  

  • Yeah, I heard an explosion this morning too, it was a real nail biter for a second there then I woke up and realized some one had dropped something in the stairwell...Well, that's all I got, sorry its not as exciting. Glad you are OK.

    By Blogger Heath, at 18:43  

  • Maybe they tell you or say they will kill your dog just to get you guys geard up to fight. Maybe the dogs are just a set up.
    Just a Thought!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20:10  

Post a Comment



<< Home