Friday, April 29, 2005

Not much to write about these days...

There were a lot of Car bombs this morning or what we call VBIED's. VBIED's (V-bids) Stands for Vehicle born improvised explosive device. I guess they killed some Iraqi soldiers. It is rough fighting a war against bombs. Luckily my job isn't fighting the bombs...
enough of the bad news... Back to my vacation... That title has become pretty fitting to this blog since I can't really talk about the actual work I do here. Today was pretty hot... I don't know how hot but I am willing to bet it was in the 100's. I managed to stay out of the sun today so it was pretty easy to keep cool. The A/C works great in my room and the A/C in my truck is alright but the engine heat gives it some pretty good competition...
After supper chow a few of us went over to the Aussie side of the base where they have a sand volleyball court set up... It is right under a palm tree and if you try real hard you can pretend you are on vacation back there if you shut out the occasional pop of gun fire across the road at the firing range. We went over there yesterday too and played. There is going to be a tournament on our FOB in a few weeks so we are trying to find some guys for our team. It should be pretty fun.

2 Comments:

  • Heard on the news that there have been quite a few insurgent attacks lately. I know I don't have to tell you this, because I know you always have your head on straight, but I'm going to anyway:) Stay alert and stay safe. You know I worry. Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:18  

  • Hi Luke, I'm back from my trip and enjoyed catching up on your Blog! I saw you on IM today and your dad was also didn't want to butt in so I closed. Things sound kind of active over their right now so stay rested! Love and again SS g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:05  

Post a Comment



<< Home