Sunday, April 10, 2005

So what can I tell you???

Sometimes it's hard to decide what I should write about... The things that I think would be boring are the things that a lot of people want to hear about. The things that I think are really cool ussually have to do with our mission and I can't talk about them. I wish that I had the dicipline to write a journal so that I could look back and reflect on those things when I got home, or even a few years from now.
So here is the boring stuff :p
My platoon has been working really hard to make our building really nice. Things are shaping up quite nicely. My room is starting to look like I actually live in there, and no that doesn't mean it is trashed :p. We are getting the internet set up in a week or 2 from an independant guy that is selling us a satalite system from out in the red zone. It should be a pretty good system for us. It will only be 256k up and down shared between almost 30 of us. It has to be better than the rest of the options here. Plus it will be in our rooms!!! Me and Sgt Jones are probably going to be in charge of keeping it working for everyone. We started running cable for it yesterday or the day before. We got it all set up and now just have to wait for the system to get here. We are using one of my wireless routers to supply the IP addresses. Since they are only giving us 13 of them, my router can take one of them and split them into as many as we need... or at least 255 of them lol. SFC Vanderheyden is supplying a really nice 24 port cysco switch that the router will plug into. We managed to scrounge up about 800' of cable for it too. I just hope it all works when we get it set up.
A few of the guys cleaned out the bathroom in our building a week or two ago and we were using it as a storage room since the plumbing is all screwed up here. So anyways they spent all this time setting it up and we were even going to put the internet server in there and now they say that we have to take it out because they are actually going to fix up the building now and put in indoor plubing... I guess that is a good thing it will be nice to not have to walk out to a trailer to go to the bathroom or shower.
Well I was hoping mom or dad would get online before I go to bed but they are not yet and I have to get to bed because we are playing dodgeball in the morning if we don't have a mission. Oh and I almost forgot I have to write my best bud Brandon an email because I have not talk to him forever. So anyways thanks for reading and let me know if there is anything you want me to write about because my topics are limited.

9 Comments:

  • Hey,

    Write about anything and everything that is confortable to you. Write it like a journal, don't worry about an audience.

    This blog is for you and your family and friends but mostly you, not for the rest of us.

    Continue the Mission

    Papa Ray
    West Texas
    USA

    By Blogger Papa Ray, at 18:58  

  • Looks like you didn't have to much trouble finding something to write about hehe.

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 19:51  

  • stumbled across your blog. Thank you for everything you and the rest of the troops are doing over there. Be healthy and stay safe.

    By Blogger Spanky the Webmonkey, at 20:49  

  • Luke, Papa Ray is right.. write what ever to us....we are all just waiting back here to hear from you! None of it is boring! My Mission is to get on line and hear from you! And then when I do I'm so happy! When you get back home again you can update us...if you want! Love Ya! SS Enjoyed your Blog! Me Gma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:56  

  • Hi Luke, Sorry we missed you online, but glad I can read your blog when we can't talk to you. Keep on writing we enjoy hearing anything. After all it can't be more boring than what we have to say:) Stay Safe, Love you, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:21  

  • Hey Luke, Mike here..just wanted to say hey, and that i enjoy your postings. Keep doing what you're doing over there, and look forward to seeing you when you're home in June for leave (if that's all still the same) well, maybe I can catch you online sometime. I'm going to get my yahoo messenger back up again, so maybe we'll bump into each other. Evil Bear out!! (remember that one LOL)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 00:34  

  • Dude, totally keep posting. Even if its just to tell us you were scratching your butt. At least we know you are doing something and I doubt any of us have known someone who has scratched their butt in Iraq!

    By Blogger Heath, at 10:45  

  • Scratching your butt...ewwww. Speak for yourselves, I don't want to hear about that...I would rather hear about episodes of blind date...I told you Luke, my mind is like a steel trap and I remember everything you tell me :) Just kidding, scratch away...

    Lots of love from Illinois,
    Linda

    By Blogger Linda T., at 00:19  

  • Really, scratching your butt in Iraq is nothing at all. Now, I draw the line at viewing anymore "shit stirring" pictures. When my husband came home the first time, I swear half a cd of pictures was of that, LOL!

    By Anonymous Jen, at 08:34  

Post a Comment



<< Home