Friday, May 13, 2005

Online shopping can be a pain

Today I went to buy this videogame from an huge online bookstore that will remain unnamed Amazon.com. After finding out that they will ship items to APO addresses I was excited to get on and start ordering some stuff I want. Mainly this videogame that I have been wanting for a few months now.
Anyway I find the game put it in my "Shopping Cart" and get ready to check out. As I put in all my information and hit the checkout button and it says "Some stupid error message" there is a problem with your information...
After looking into the matter I found out that there is a few different items that Amazon will not send to APO addresses and here is that list:

  • apparel

  • camera and photo items

  • cell phones and service

  • computers

  • most electronics items

  • hardware

  • housewares

  • kitchen items

  • magazines

  • outdoor living items

  • software (including games

  • tools


I think they just need to put up a disclamer that comes up if you want to buy something that says. "If you have to use an APO address you can't get anything cool." I mean come on what does that leave?

7 Comments:

  • Hi Luke, Let me know what game you want and I will see what I can do about getting it for you:) Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:22  

  • Oh Luke....I thought that was so funny! There wasn't much left to choose from! SS...Love G/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:25  

  • Hey Sgt...

    I tried to get my hands on some tshirts....they s/b brown, right?? Couldnt find one brown one. But if I do...what sz?

    By Blogger what.would.punkin.do?, at 00:48  

  • If you want/need anything, let me know and I can send a package out to you. I'm already mailing stuff to 2 adopted soldiers, a friend, and soon my husband, lol, I can just add you on "hellish trip to the post office" day!

    By Anonymous jen, at 20:31  

  • For games, try gamespot. I ran into the same problem when I was in Germany (which also uses an APO address).

    By Anonymous timekeeper, at 13:06  

  • when my unit was in iraq, they had the same problem... sucks doesn't it?!!

    there are those of us who send care packages all the time via anysoldier.com !! obviously from your comments, you know you've got a lot of help available : ) all you have to do is let someone know, even strangers want to do everything they can ! : )

    this is the first entry i've read, i'm gonna be sure to read more... i'm from the midwest, too. (WI)
    -jess
    lola.wants@gmail.com

    By Anonymous jessica, at 01:19  

  • i had the same problem when i was in Iraq. EBgames, and Walmart are good for shipping, and Walmart has a no questions return policy. I returned my DVD/VCR that broke over there when i got back, no questions asked.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58  

Post a Comment



<< Home