Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Someone bring me an ID10T form

Okay, just in case I start to sound harsh when I talk about the idiot that got his weapon stolen yesterday. Here is some backup for my opinion.
First of all, from what I hear, this guy lost his pistol on 3 different occasions. Once in Ft. Dix, Once in Kuwait, and yesterday here in Iraq. This last time he left it in the gym where someone obviously stole it. Just last week while he was at the PX he had a negligent discharge in the clearing barrel and that is a major screw up.
Now our higher ups are making all sorts of rules like. You have to take your weapon to the bathroom that is 10 feet from the door of our building. Yet you are not allowed to take it all the way across the FOB to the GYM. That's rediculous... Get this you don't have to bring your weapon to the shower trailer that is right next to the bathroom one that you do have to take your weapon to. One E6 joked around by saying lets just bring towels with us everywhere and leave out 9's in our rooms. Then we can just say we are going to the shower or the gym at any point when someone stops you and asks you where your weapon is... You know I really haven't signed the paperwork for re-enlistment and this kind of BS is definitely making me rethink signing back up.

7 Comments:

  • My God Luke...Keep rethinking and don't sign those papers maybe I can give you some of that $15,000 that they shove in front of your nose if that's what it takes! At least you can rethink it but don't take to long! You don't have to be risking you life working along side of a Idiot...it's bad enough without that! Love & SS g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:50  

  • keep your head up, Luke. (or down if you need to for safety!) It truly is the little things that get ya. Nice to see you have time to post but I sure do hope you get some uninterrupted sleep..and soon! ;)

    godspeed and blessings from CA

    By Blogger what.would.punkin.do?, at 01:00  

  • Wow Luke ID10T form, we should have those where I work. As much as I hate my job, I don't envy you either. I just thought I'd drop you a line sayin' that I appreciate everything you're doin' for us here americans. One of my best friends is with the Air national guard close to the border of Iran or something. You guys are incredibly awesome. Keep that pistol by your side. Glad to hear you're doing well.

    Dayv Polk (adam's friend)

    By Anonymous Dayv Polk, at 03:30  

  • Your last posts have me worrying. Don't they have a system that filters the idiots out a bit? They should not be allowed the same privileges as the rest - some crummy assignments for them would be good (something that takes only 1/2 a brain - or less). Even if your too tired - be as safe as you can!Love-Aunt R

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:40  

  • hey luke it's like 3:09 am and I have to be up like at 5:30 am cause, BUT I CAN'T SLEEP. so I know how your feeling when your tired. Anyway God Bless.

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 03:12  

  • maybe someone should ask him to go find a box of R O C K S,well dont feel bad too much we had an ad where one of our nco's discharged on burst while trying to come back after one of the ecps. the new drills in basic includ clearing weapons upon entering ANY building. anyways best of luck to you and your unit sergeant.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:04  

  • He must be an officer!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40  

Post a Comment



<< Home