Sunday, June 05, 2005

I need a vacation from this vacation.

I have been not been very motivated to post on my blog lately. I am not even sure when the last time I posted was. I am sure its been a while.
So I guess I should update what I have been doing lately...
In no particular order...
Today I wrote a $10,000 check! I did kinda write it to myself though I guess :). The army has this savings plan for activated soldiers that gains 10% interest. I would be a fool not to put into it. I should have done it a long time ago but procrastination killed the cat. I know, I know, you think it was curiosity that killed the cat but I think procrastination could kill it to... like if you were to procrastinate feeding it. Just kidding (but not really LOL). Man, I don't like cats. It doesn't help that I am allergic to them.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but when I got activated I moved back in with my parents to save money and visit before I left for here. They have 2 dogs Abbey and Tommy. Abbey is a girl black lab and she is the most lovable dog I have ever been around, and I have been around a lot, because my mom used to raise dogs when I was a kid. I think at one time we had 30 dogs in the kennel counting puppies. Tommy is a Jack Russell and he is nuts but very smart and fun to play with. They both love me and I miss them. I wish that the army would change its policy because it would have been nice to have a mascot like Chuck, God rest his soul :( Well I guess you can tell I am a dog person...

Back to what I have been doing...

We had a volleyball tournament on Memorial day weekend. My team one woo hoo!!! I will upload a picture of the team with our trophy.

I finished the video game I have been playing the last few days. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords... Man that game took forever to beat. It was really fun though, I got into it. I like those kind of games because it is like watching a movie that you are part of. No one really wants to play multi player games here so that kinda sucks... This is definitely a different crowd than I am used to. Most of my buddies back home love playing video games with each other. Most of these guys probably have never played a multi player game other than Halo in their lives. So I am stuck playing games by myself.

They guys are getting together to play dodge-ball and there is supposed to be a tournament for it but it already doesn't seem like it is going to be any fun. Dodge-ball is about whipping a ball at someone for fun... they are trying to put all sorts of stupid rules into it and I keep hearing "The way we used to play was" anyways I don't feel like playing now, unless they play every man for themselves :).

I don't think I like team sports too much. I always liked Cross Country and Track I know they add up your points at the end and see if your team won, but everyone knows its all about yourself in those sports and if you did bad you only had yourself to blame. I think thats why I did so well in those sports back in the day. I knew that if I was going to win I had to do my best all the time and not rely on my teammates to carry me to victory. Thats probably a bad way to think about it psychologically but it only made me stronger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home