Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I think I was traded a lemon.

Five minutes before we rolled out the gate this morning my truck threw its serpentine belt. How many things can go wrong with one truck? We had to scramble to get another truck ready and meet the rest of the platoon because they had to leave without us. Anyway, we got back to the FOB and pulled the truck back to maintenance to get it worked on and they were like "No problem that will only take 15 minutes." They should have waited to say that until after they pulled what was left of the old belt off. They couldn't seem to find a new belt to put on it. An hour or so passes buy before they get it up and running again. I am glad we didn't have to rely on the 15 minutes they told us or some people would have been real angry with us...

Hopefully within the next few days I will find out if I get to go on leave next month or not. I don't want to get my hopes up for it but I really would like to go home for a while. I haven't got to talk to a lot of my friends and family for a long time.

9 Comments:

  • Believe me, We all can't wait for you to come home! And I'm speaking for everyone. Let us know as soon as you find out.
    As for the vehicle, It might not be a bad idea to join a motor club!
    GLP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08:01  

  • Hey that was going to be my suggestion....Call AA. They're johnny-on-spot.
    God bless and keep you all safe until we all celebrate the last soldier existing the last plane onto USA soil.

    By Blogger Chevy Rose, at 10:59  

  • I'm not sure you wanna call Alcholics Anonymous :-P .. maybe try AAA, hehe.

    t

    -jgh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18  

  • doh .. Alcoholics

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Heath, at 11:24  

  • Hey we could cut a hole in the roof of my Liberty and mount a 60 cal. on it. Plus it has leather interior, CD player and AC! The only problem is that itsn't armored and maybe more likely to roll over than a HUMVEE....

    By Blogger Heath, at 11:25  

  • God Bless you all.

    Happy Flag Day, Old Glory is waving proudly...

    By Blogger ddr1stcav, at 15:32  

  • JUst founsd out about the Blog site and what it was. So got some reading to do. STay safe we all miss you. Pam

    By Anonymous Aunt Pam, at 18:04  

  • Luke....I don't care who gets you back to the US soil...AA or AAA!!! We miss you and look forward to hugging you again!! Love & SS g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:21  

Post a Comment



<< Home