Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Nerd Heaven

I guess I haven't came out and directly said that I am using my own laptop, but I have talked about using my computer and fixing the other guys computers multiple times. Plus think about it... is the US Army really going to give me a laptop to use? They did give us a laptop for the platoon but we do cool high tech top secret army stuff on it. The network we setup is both hardline and wireless and I use hardline for security reasons.

My laptop is a Sager Notebook model 3790 it has been an awesome laptop so far.

Specs

  • 1800 Pentium M

  • ATI Mobile Radeon 9700 128ram

  • 60GB 7200 rpm HD

  • 512mb ram

  • DVD/CDRW Drive

  • USB 2.0 x 3

  • Firewire

  • IR

  • 15.4in wide screen with 1680x1050 res

  • 4 in 1 media card reader

  • built in webcam (junk)

  • centrino mobile technology



The only thing I don't like about this computer is the sound card sucks. Other than that it's awesome and less expensive than a say a dell with the same specs.

There is a pic of my network setup somewhere in my blog if you want to check it out.

Oh and I can't forget about my backup

My roommate is mooching this one right now cause he doesn't have a laptop.
It's a Dell Smartstep 250n

Specs

  • Pentium 4 2.4ghz

  • 40GB 5400 RPM HD

  • 512 mb ram

  • generic video card

  • DVD/CDRW

  • USB 1.0 x 2

  • PCMCIA x 2

  • Firewire



I bought this laptop almost new (refurbished) had problems when I first got it but sent it back to get it fixed and it has worked great ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home