Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's that time again...

Time for me to ramble on. Nows the time the time is now... I almost didn't start writing this. It is really hard for me to get motivated to write. I think the newness of everything has worn off for me. Nothing really to exciting is going on and the heat keeps me in the building confined to my room. So I am not really experiencing too much outside of the missions I go on either.
Recently they started a midnight chow here on our FOB and I try to make it when I can because it is a really good thing for us. If not enough people go to it I am afraid they may take it away. Not that it would matter if people from our platoon would go to it. I am sure it was something that the larger unit on our FOB enstated and if they don't want it it won't matter how many of us go to it.
Last night we were on a mission that began early in the morning. It went on late into the night and past midnight. There was a lot of time where we were doing nothing but waiting so I got a lot of reading in. I read more than 2/3 of Seven Years in Tibet in one day. I have read more here than I have read in my whole life. If I could get myself to read in all of my down time I could have quite the library under my belt. Anyways I told someone I would go to midnight chow with him so I better get going.

8 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear that you are bored. I sent some stuff your way so hopefully it will help keep you entertained. Let me know when you get it.

    By Blogger Heath, at 16:07  

  • What part of Il. are you from? I am from St.Charles MO. Just saying Hi and God Bless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:08  

  • Its good to see you blogging again even if you don't think it is interesting. Just remember we are always interested whatever you have to say. Love, Mom SS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:02  

  • hello again ,we love your blog , keep posting .
    stay safe ....
    Sunshine...

    By Blogger Sunshine, at 01:14  

  • Enjoyed your Post Luke! Just stay alert even if you are bored! Love & SS g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45  

  • It's a relief to see your new blog entry. Logan & I sent you some mail (postal)today. Not exciting, but we'll keep trying. SS - A.Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:08  

  • hey luke what's happening

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 19:13  

  • I love eating at IHOP at midnight, that means I've been somewhere drinking and dancing. Oh, wait that was twenty years ago. (Having a senior's moment, sorry) :)
    Take care and God bless.

    By Blogger Chevy Rose, at 14:15  

Post a Comment



<< Home