Sunday, September 18, 2005

Three More Months(?)

It has been a while since my last post... I have seen a few cool things, that I cannot write about but will probably always remember, since the last time I posted. I will probably post a few pictures in the next couple posts of my last week and a half.

I think today marks the 3 month count down for us leaving this country. With any luck we could be demobilized and home before Christmas, but that is not a guarantee. With my luck we will probably not get home until after the new year. I know my Company command will try to get us home before then if there is any way that is possible but something always comes seems to come up.

Today we had our first training briefing for a mission that we will be a part of from now on. This mission will be added on top of the mission my platoon has been doing for the last 8 months. None of us are looking forward to doing this especially with the end of our deployment coming up.

This new mission is not supposed to interfere with the mission we are already running since the one we are running now is much more important. However, I am still skeptical about how this will all pan out. We have a couple weeks of training to do before we start and hopefully we will get some new equipment that I think we need during this time.

3 Comments:

  • Be alert and come home safe.

    Take care.

    kk

    By Blogger kateykakes, at 21:34  

  • I'm checking the day's off on my calendar and praying for your safe return! Christmas would be great but if not we will be waiting for you! Keep Alert! SS Love g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48  

  • Can't wait to see you home again, but don't think about it too much. Concentrate on where you are and what you are doing and come home safe. I know you will do these things without me telling you too, but it makes me feel better to remind you:) TTYL, Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:41  

Post a Comment



<< Home