Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A week of midnight to noon shift!

Last night started a week of working midnight to noon for my team... So far we agree it isn't half bad. Staying up all night while it is nice and cool outside, not to mention calm is a pretty good deal. We are more or less just "On Call" during these 12 hours so we have to stay in a room or right outside the building. That isn't half bad because there is a couple TV's in the room and I ran a ethernet cable over to the room and hooked my old wireless router up so that we could have internet in there while we wait. Last night I got to talk to my mom and dad a little while I was on shift so it wasn't too bad at all. The other 12 hours of the day we don't have to worry about getting pulled for any duties so that is pretty nice too. Now if I could just use some of that waiting time for reading instead of playing around on the internet I could do something productive :)

4 Comments:

  • I'm the man I'm the man I'm the first one to post on this one check it.

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 18:21  

  • Hey,

    Read this and if you got a printer, print it out and post it somewhere.

    Every American should read this. Its really strong and true.

    Continue the Mission

    Papa Ray
    West Texas
    USA

    By Blogger Papa Ray, at 18:31  

  • Hey,
    I ran across your blog the other day. I enjoy reading soldier's blogs...quite interesting. AND I've noticed that you have a great sense of humor, and I love seeing that! Thank you for all you do. =)

    Blessings,

    By Anonymous Adrienne, at 12:50  

  • Hi Luke....Is your week over yet? Or are you still on the midnight to noon shift? Was on IM a few times but didn't stay on long to talk with you....I think you were sleeping!? Well anyway's I miss you and all is about the same here have you been getting any of my dumb package's yet??? I don't know what you really need but "O/H" at least I'm trying!
    Love and SS g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:54  

Post a Comment



<< Home