Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ah... I sick again!

I think the last time I was sick was when I was in Kuwait in Camp Virginia. That was probably from the small pox vaccination though. I guess it it has been a long time since I have been sick... Everyone in my platoon seems to be getting the same bug right now. I have been sick for a couple days now. I had a fever yesterday and the day before but I think I am feeling a bit better today. Hopefully this wont be one of those lingering sicknesses that give me a runny nose for a couple months.

I finally finished reading Wizard and Glass I hadn't had as much time to read it, as previous volumes, and when I did I kept falling asleep. It was a slow read through most of the book. The last part of the book went pretty quick though. I think I am going to start reading The Talisman now since I don't have Wolves of the Calla.

On top of being sick the mosquitoes are back again. I had just recently moved my bed and had to take my mosquito net down too. So now they are free to eat me alive at night. My left arm is actually bigger than my right arm because of all the mosquito bites on it. I guess I am going to have to try to rig up the mosquito net again or they are going to end up driving me insane (more than I already am).

10 Comments:

  • I will try and get Wolves of the Calla in the mail to you in the next week or so.

    By Blogger Heath, at 09:13  

  • Hi again, sarge! I'm curious about these books you're talking about... Who's the author of them? And about the mosquitos, here in Brazil we have them during all the year, sucking our blood at night, driving us mad.... It's "the" bad thing about living in a tropical country. Now I gotta go!

    By Blogger ompmompompom, at 14:48  

  • Sorry you aren't feeling well. The mosquitos sound awful, I'd put the net up as soon as I could! =p Hope things are as good as they can be over there. I'll check up on you later!
    Blessings,

    By Anonymous Adrienne, at 15:05  

  • The books are from the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. Although The Talisman is by Stephen King and Peter Straub. And the mosquitoes are from Hell...

    By Blogger SGT Port, at 15:16  

  • Oh no!! Hope you are not sick long. Wish I could check in on you in person. Take care and SS. I will look for you online. Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15:35  

  • Stephen King is he not a scary author or just a thriller? I have watched a few of his movies but there never seems to be an end.
    Or maybe just not the one I am looking for? Ha

    A Tam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20:09  

  • I hope you feel better soon.

    Take care of yourself.

    Katey

    By Blogger kateykakes, at 21:04  

  • gooo mosquitos suck.....

    eric

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07:58  

  • My Fiancee is also in Iraq and he loves to read...He sent me a book and promised I wouldn't be able to put it down and he was right...so if you are interested it's called Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. Good luck fighting the mosquitos...from what I hear using those sticky strips to catch flies works well too...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 00:08  

  • HA!!! Sick again u wussy back in my day Oh wait my day would have been close to back in your day anyway. just kidding hope your feeling better and O yeah mosquitos are the DEVIL!!!!

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 16:25  

Post a Comment



<< Home