Sunday, October 23, 2005

Wouldn't you think 10 days is enough?

Sure I am feeling better (not sick anymore) but I have been congested ever since I started getting better. I think I need to take more vitamin C.

Anyway its been pretty calm here in my little home in Baghdad (as far as explosions and gunfire goes). A lot of stuff I probably cant talk about has been going on too. It doesn't matter though because you can read about most of it in the news anyways. It wouldn't make any sense for me to repeat it after its already been in the news. It would just make me look like I am only copying everything the media writes. There are way too many bloggers that do that already.

Here is some of the boring stuff that I can talk about though:

  • The weather has been AWESOME! (finally around the 80's during the day)

  • My job here is pretty slow lately (contributing to mass boredom on my part)

  • I haven't been able to catch a lot of my friends and family online lately :(

  • Starting my new weight lifting program today! (we'll see how that goes)

  • Finally lost my beer belly (liquid grain storage) I got in college ha ha

  • DOD cut the re-enlistment bonus for AGR (big mistake)


Other than that, I can't wait to get home in January!

9 Comments:

  • Glad to hear the weather is cooling down for you. That has got to be nice after 120 degrees! I'm not sure who will be more happy when you get home in January, (YOU OR US). Hope your congestion clears up soon. Take care of yourself and each other. SS, Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08:27  

  • It's good to hear that things have quieted down there. I know when my brother was in Iraq last year, it was crazy.

    Enjoy the quiet and hope you find something to help overcome the boredom.

    Double up on the Vitamin C - that's what I'm doing and I really hope it works!

    Be safe over there.

    ~Katey

    By Blogger kateykakes, at 13:59  

  • Hehe, man you may be bored but keep posting about your life over there. I run www.happeningoverthere.com and I'm posting your blogs on it so the world can see.

    By Anonymous HappeningOverThere.com, at 23:12  

  • Hey!
    Glad you doing better, more Vitamin C should help you out. It's better for you to bored than in danger huh? That's what I always told my friends when they were over there. January will be here in no time! Take care!

    By Anonymous Adrienne, at 16:19  

  • Been reading your blog for a long time...always like to here your out put of whats happening over the newscast. I read your brothers blog you introduce us to overtime. It's a shame you can't have a Harley Davison over there to help with the boreden ...maybe when you can get one when you get home... now that is a way to clear the head and feel free at the same time.>>God bless you and keep you boys bored over there. Enjoy life

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23:53  

  • OOOOOOOH YEAH!!!! SNOWBOARDING IN JANUARY OO RAAAAH!!!

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 16:29  

  • I'm glad I ran into this site. I have a niece-in-law in Bagdad. I am keeping my Palm Pilot on Bagdad time until she returns. I received pictures from her today on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which lead me to your site when I was looking up the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. You titled this site "My Vacation in Iraq." I call her time in Iraq, her adventure, because she volunteered to go and I think that is very brave. Amd you are very brave as well.

    By Anonymous New Mexico, at 23:05  

  • Hi Luke,
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Just got back from our vacation and checked to see how you were feeling. Found some hen of the woods mushrooms on our trip! We of course were trailriding in Ohio and Indiana. Helping Audra move this weekend. Hope she quits that in a while and settles into place! Can't wait till you get back home and in the states.

    A. Tam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09:43  

  • I'm back from the Hurricane State!!! Hope you are "Real "Bored!!"
    Keeping you in my Prayer's every day! Love SS g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20:45  

Post a Comment



<< Home