Sunday, December 04, 2005

It just hit me I am going to miss Christmas

Okay, I knew I was going to miss Christmas, but it didn't really hit me until I was reading a Christmas card from my mom and dad today, that this is going to be the first Christmas that I won't spend with my family. That pretty much sucks. I have always spent the night for Christmas Eve at my parent's and opened presents with everyone Christmas morning.
I have been telling everyone not to get me any presents this year because I won't be able to go shopping for anyone this year. If anyone really wanted to get me something for Christmas they should just wait anyways because I may buy a house this year and a house warming gift might be a lot better.
I would like to use this opportunity to tell everyone Merry Christmas because, as the people that know me best all know, I am not the card-sending type of person. I was thinking about getting people gifts from here but everything I see seems really cheap and a lot like tourist trinkets.
Anyway, Seasons Greetings everyone! I should be in the states during Christmas just not home. So you wont have to worry about me over the holiday!

6 Comments:

  • We were talking that our holiday celebrating will just be extended this year with you coming home & Clay's wedding. You'll be in on most of it. Keep your chin up! I was holding off buying you an X-mas present until you're back. I'll get ideas from you then. A. Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:33  

  • I don't know man. If you are in New Jersey over Christmas I may still have to worry about you!

    By Blogger Heath, at 18:38  

  • At least you will be in the same country and that will be a big load off of my mind, but Christmas won't be the same without you. However there will be alot of celebrating when you get home and it will seem like Christmas all over again for me:) Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:13  

  • Just thrilled that you will be in the states for the holidays. Not far they can not get you home though. Maybe there will be a xmas miracle!

    A Tam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:15  

  • My brother was in Iraq (Marines) last year for Christmas. It was really hard for my family with him being there.

    He's home now, but supposed to go back after Christmas (he volunteered). It's crazy.

    I wish you a very merry Christmas.

    By Blogger kateykakes, at 13:51  

  • I am so glad that you will be in the "States" for Christmas, that in itself if a blessing. And believe me - there are no bugs here right now. We are suppose to get 3 to 6 more inches of snow tomorrow!!!! I bet you can't wait to see your family. Take care and God Bless Love A. Gayla

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08:54  

Post a Comment



<< Home