Sunday, December 04, 2005

Night Photos

I was out taking pictures the other night with SGT Ballard and this is what I came up with. I think they turned out pretty good. As usual, click on any of the pictures to get a larger version.



This is one of the apartments that are right east of our FOB. I had to crop it to get rid of the roof of the building directly in front of me.



I have never really found out the name of this building. It is one of the ministries now but I think it was the Arts Center and I think it actually has a palace name too.



A mosque lit up in the back ground beyond the fairgrounds.



This is the west cross saber and the city skyline to the north.



On the horizon you can see the enormous silhouette of the Grand Mosque



This one is pretty cool because you can actually see the path of a humvee in the foreground and some taillight streaks in the background on the overpass



If you use Photoshop or something and lighten this picture you can see it's really me :) I had to stand there for 20 seconds because I set the camera for a 10 second delay and 15 second exposure. That's why I am not smiling it was bad enough trying to stand there :p

5 Comments:

  • fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Melanie, at 19:07  

  • Very interesting pictures Luke!!! Thanks much!
    Now just get back to USA safe!
    SS Love G/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:30  

  • Sgt Port-

    Thank you for sharing your photos and thoughts in your blog with those of us back home. I don't have any family members in Iraq (yet-February my nephew goes over) but I think about you guys and women all the time. It helps to read personal journals like this to keep in perspective what you are all doing and I want to thank you for your service to our country. God bless you, and I pray for your safe return in January!

    ~Barb

    By Anonymous Barb in Iowa, at 23:48  

  • Wow! Wish I could be there if only to take pictures. To think I was excited to go to K-mart today.... A.Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07:32  

  • Wow Luke! I minored in photography, so I love seeing pictures! Especially night ones! Those turned out GREAT! I'm sorry you are going to miss Christmas, but you will be home soon! Keep safe!
    Hugs and Blessings,

    By Anonymous Adrienne, at 19:37  

Post a Comment



<< Home