Monday, March 20, 2006

Conclusion

Well it has been a couple months or so since I left Iraq. I left the blog kind of hanging since then. I thought that I should write something in here to wrap things up so this is what you get.
What have I been up to since coming home you ask?
Well I did get to go snowboarding a few times which was a lot of fun and hopefully I can get a few trips together next year too cause I really enjoy getting outside in the winter and there isn't too many other reasons to do so. My little brother got married a couple weeks ago. So grats to him! My friends Jimmy and Jamie just got married also. So I have had a few chances to go out and party which is good because any time I have gone to the bar since I have been home I end up getting sick from the smoke and loud music. (I don't know what's up with that)
Right now in my spare time I am doing work at home for the company I worked for full time before I left for Iraq. As far as short term goals I would like to find a job in or around the Quad Cities and then buy a house. I think if I do any more blogging it will be in a new blog. I would like to thank everyone for the support and for reading my boring blog while I was gone it meant a lot to me.

10 Comments:

  • Glad to hear that you're adjusting well to the civilian life again.

    Thanks for everything you've done for us. You're a great American!

    By Anonymous JRichmond, at 16:50  

  • It's great to have you home Luke!
    Your "Blog's" were far from boring,
    You had many readers and was so good to be able to keep in touch with you....so happy that your "vacation" is over!
    Thanks for serving our country!
    Very proud of you! Hugs g/ma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15:00  

  • I enjoyed your blog more than you can imagine - it helped to have a lifeline to you while you were so far away. Glad you are content for now - your future lies in front of you! See you soon. A. Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50  

  • Hey man, I echo the sentiments of the previous posters. It was good to have your blog, it helped your big brother from worrying too much when I could get a regular update from you. You can tell that techology is really changing the face of the military when you can get nearly real time updates from the "front." Glad you're home!

    By Blogger Heath, at 14:14  

  • Dear Luke,

    My name is Lauren and I don't know you, except through your blog, which I've checked in on over the last six months or so. First, I'd like to say that I'm glad you are home. I'm originally from Santa Cruz, but left to learn about organic growing and work on farms in Ireland and decided that I had heard a lot of perspectives on the war, but none from soldiers. So I began looking for military blogs, and found yours. I won't even try to sum up all of my responses to the spectrum of stuff you covered, but did want to make sure I said thank you, so much, for sharing. Good luck in the future!

    All the best,
    Lauren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 00:04  

  • Hey bro good to have you back maybe when my computer is fixed we all can get together and play video games.

    By Blogger Clayton R. Port, at 17:10  

  • It's a shame we can't get to DANBERRY's blog and leave crap there. He left a comment and then removed the link to his blog.

    By Blogger Paul, at 06:38  

  • I added your blog to MilblogSearch.com

    Search Inside Milblogs and Only Milblogs
    http://www.milblogsearch.com

    By Blogger GI Joe, at 10:50  

  • Welcome home!

    By Blogger Nimbostratusdweller, at 00:28  

  • Welcome home, I have loved your blog for ages, thanx for putting it out for us.

    By Anonymous easycruise, at 16:12  

Post a Comment



<< Home